Whether you are looking to add an edge to your look with stubble or just trim down the grizzly beard you grew over the winter, you will want to invest in a good beard trimmer. With so many options out on the market, it can seem daunting. In this article, we are reviewing the Braun Series 9 Beard Trimmer. It is most definitely worth a look as its slick design and efficient performance had us impressed from the get-go.
If you are in the market for a trimmer, this read is for you. We are breaking it down for you in terms of product specs, pricing, and how this trimmer stacks up to others currently out on the street. That “designer stubble” look that the Hollywood stars can't seem to stop sporting is at your fingertips here.
What Is the Braun Series 9?
Braun is a tested company, and its products reflect that. Founded in 1928, Braun continues to manufacture the latest in electric razors, and they rarely disappoint. The Braun Series 9 is a sporty beard trimmer up to speed with today's most innovative technology. If you are looking for comfort and efficiency when shaving, this is in the upper echelon.
For a beard trimmer with such sophisticated features and a clean look, the Braun Series 9 is made to last. Braun is clear in its statement that the product is designed to last for up to seven years and with the titanium coating on it, we must say we are inclined to take their word for it.
The Braun Series 9 delivers complete comfort and efficiency and with flair to boot. When discussing the specifications of this product, we must start by praising Braun's AutoSense Technology. This innovative technology allows the trimmer to read your beard and adjust the power of the shaver's motor. The thicker the beard, the more juice it will give, and that is impressive!
This is a step in the right direction for all beard trimmers, and Braun does well in understanding the movement. Every 13 seconds AutoSense will make adjustments that provide you with the power you need to get the best performance and look possible.
They also equip the Braun Series 9 with a SyncroSonic™ head that ensures that you will not miss a single spot when each of the 5 synchronized shaving elements is at work. The elements comprise two OptiFoil™ grills for perfect closeness, a HyperLift&Cut trimmer that picks up flat-lying hairs and snips them right off, a Direct&Cut trimmer that helps align hairs that are growing in different directions, and last but not least a Protective SkinGuard feature for little to no skin irritation. Fewer strokes equal more comfort, and with the pairing of these two impressive technologies, Braun made this paramount.
In terms of the aesthetic design, we couldn't enjoy it more. The Braun Series 9 is slick and tough all at once, with a black rubberized grip that allows for complete control while contrasting beautifully against the polished titanium body. Speaking of the body, it is tough as nails and leaves no doubt that while it is built-to-last, it is also practical and easy to store. The Braun Series 9 can be submerged in up to 5 meters of water, which means no need to worry when using it in the sink or using it in the shower; this trimmer is easy to clean and ready to use at all times.
Braun offers the world's only 5-action alcohol-based Clean & Charge Station. The neat looking black matte and glossy station charges, lubricates, hygienically cleans, and dries your trimmer at the simple touch of a button so that each time you use it, it feels like the first time. The trimmer is charged in one hour and can be used for up to 50 minutes. This is the level of detail that has allowed Braun to carve its place in razor history and benefit us, the consumers. From bright LED displays to a MultiHeadLock feature, Braun has you back in every aspect. The travel case pouch is a nice final touch from the masters.
With all these features we are looking at one of the top tier shaving products on the market, and that means it comes at a price. The Braun Series 9 is available at many marketplaces. Now, this is an investment piece for the serious whisker artist, so it is up to you to decide where you stand and what meets your needs.
You can find the Braun Series 9 Beard Trimmer in the following major marketplaces.
How It Compares
We want to show you how Braun Series 9 stacks up against similar items in this tier. The following section was compiled through meticulous research and passion for the market we showcase here.
Braun Series 9
- Braun Series 9 is the worlds most efficient shaver*, T exceptionally gentle to your skin. Tested on 3-day beards vs. Leading premium tier products. Details on Braun.Com/study-results
- 5 synchronized shaving elements to capture more hair in the first stroke than any other premium shaver* tested on 3-day beards vs. Leading premium tier products. Details on Braun.Com/study-results
- 2 specialized trimmers, including titanium coating, capture even the trickiest hair ; 2x Opti-Foil For perfect closeness that lasts longer
- The innovative syncrosonictm technology with 10, 000 microvibrations capture more hair in every stroke
- Our intelligent autosensing motor guarantees efficiency in every stroke, even on dense beards. The type of blade is titanium and battery charge time is 1 hour.
If you are looking for a shaver that is gentle to your skin, Braun Series 9 is the best choice. It is the world’s most efficient shaver. It comes with 5 synchronized shaving elements to capture more hair in the first stroke, including 2 specialized trimmers, Titanium coating, and settings that capture even the trickiest hair. The innovative SyncroSonicTM technology with 10,000 micro-vibrations captures more hair in every stroke. Our intelligent AutoSensing motor guarantees efficiency in every stroke, even on dense beards. The blade is titanium and the battery's charge time is 1 hour.
This shaver is designed to shave dry or with water, foam, or gel. It can be used in the shower for a refreshing and smooth skin experience. All Braun shavers are waterproof up to 5 meters, so you can shave in the shower and rinse them under running water.
This razor comes with the world‘s only 5-action alcohol-based Clean&Charge station removes shaved stubble to clean the shaver hygienically. Plus, it automatically lubricates and charges your shaver. Your shaver feels like new every day. The state-of-the-art Li-Ion battery keeps its performance and fully recharges in one hour. The premium display counts down the remaining battery time with 5 different steps and counts down the last 9 min. of shaving time.
The Braun Series 9 electric shaver is the #1 shave–providing an unmatched machine for closeness and unprecedented skin comfort. Choosing the Series 9 means you are choosing today’s standard of excellence in both – an efficient and gentle shave, as proven by an independent test institute that tested on 3-day beards vs. leading premium tier products (details on braun.com/study-results).
The Braun Series 9 comes with
Ease of Use:
Ready to put in the work, this electric razor has all the areas covered as its AutoSense and SyncroSonicTM technology make sure you are getting the closest shave at the highest comfort.
Braun is known for its work ethic, and their product design showcases the perfect blend of modern technology and old-fashion charm and durability.
Braun has a 7-year built-to-last guarantee on this model.
- Sharp Men's Shaver Blades: Panasonic ARC5 men's electric shaver with five ultra sharp precision honed 30° Nanotech blades and ultra thin ARC foil follow facial contours for a quick, close and comfortable shave. The charging time is 1 hour
- Wet/Dry Electric Shaver and Trimmer 2 in 1: Built in pop up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet/dry waterproof shaver allows for convenient shaving in or out of the shower
- Multi Flex Pivoting Head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual contours of face, chin, neck and jaw; Built in shaving sensor monitors differences in beard density and automatically adjusts cutting power for exceptional comfort
- High performance Motor with a Linear Drive: This Panasonic shaver is equipped with a linear motor which delivers 14,000 cuts per minute (70,000 crosscutting actions per minute) and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge
- LCD Battery Indicator and Premium Automatic Cleaning/Charging Station: The shaver's 10 stage LCD shows battery status at a glance; Premium automatic clean & charge station dries and charges the shaver with the touch of a button, keeping it fresh and ready for your next shave
The Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 Electric Razor is a men's 5-blade cordless trimmer with shave sensor technology. Featuring Panasonic's fastest, most powerful Hyper Performance linear motor, this razor delivers 14,000 cuts per minute – that's 70,000 cross-cutting actions per minute across 5 blades – for fast, efficient shaving.
The Panasonic Arc 5 includes a premium automatic cleaning and charging station to clean, dry, and charge the shaver with the touch of a button, keeping the entire shaving machine fresh and ready for your next shave. It includes a pop-up trimmer to detail sideburns and mustaches quickly, wet/dry operation for convenient shaving in or out of the shower, and a 10-stage LCD to check shavers status at a glance. Its charging time is 1 hour and its operation time is 45 minutes.
The Arc 5 blades are forged and honed to an acute 30° cutting edge to cut more cleanly and efficiently at the root. Advanced, built-in Arc5 sensors automatically detect differences in beard density along the cheeks, neck, and jaw. As the electric razor moves across your face, power flow is continually adjusted to accelerate where the beard is thickest and softens where it's not.
The Panasonic Arc5 is perfect for travel with universal voltage, travel safety lock, and travel pouch. An AC adaptor is also included.
Ease of Use:
Simple and quite similar to Braun's model, this shaver will do its job efficiently while exhibiting high performance from start to finish.
Panasonic’s ES-LV95 is no slouch and measures up with electric razors of this caliber. It shares some technological features with Braun’s Series 9, such as a shave sensor that helps detect the coarseness of your beard and adjusts the motor accordingly. Just like Braun’s design, it is waterproof and can be easily used in the shower. The design is slick and provides the same LED controls as its Braun counterpart. However, perhaps it is not as sturdy and built to last as the Series 9 is.
Panasonic offers a two-year warranty on this product.
Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D
- This shaving replacement GENERIC head RQ12 for Philips Norelco Sensotouch 3D features unique ultratrack heads that combine channels to catch the longer hairs and slots to catch the normal hairs, and holes to catch the shortest stubble.
- Unique ultratrack heads combine channels to catch the longer hairs
- 100% Brand new
The Philips Norelco Shaver 8100 provides an exceptionally smooth shave. Its GyroFlex 3D system has three dynamic parts that move independently (flexing outward, pivoting around, and tilting inward) to follow the natural contours of your face and minimize pressure and irritation. Also, the UltraTrack shaving heads, with 50% more shaving surface, catch every hair type in just a few strokes – comfortably shaving long hairs, flattened hairs, and short stubble. The Patented Lift & Cut dual-blade system lifts hairs to cut below skin level comfortably.
This razor gets the job done leaving no stray hairs or stubble behind. It comes with a charging stand, luxury pouch, protective cap, power cord, and cleaning brush. The AquaTec seal gives you the option of either shaving with gel or foam for extra skin protection or dry for convenience. The razor can be used in or out of the shower. The low-friction SkinGlide shaving surface slides smoothly along your skin for a close shave without irritation.
The Shaver 8100's Lithium-Ion cordless battery provides up to 50 minutes of shaving power. The shaver fully charges in 1 hour and a 3-minute quick charge provides enough power for one full shave. It has a travel lock and comes with a protective pouch, so you can toss it in your bag, briefcase, or suitcase when you're on the go. The razor features a worldwide voltage function that adjusts automatically from 100 volts to 240 volts AC, making it ideal for international travel.
Ease of Use:
This Norelco model has flexibility on its side and allows for full movement across the contours of your face. The dials and setting are straightforward, and the overall use is direct, even as modernized as the machine is.
Phillips Norelco is always a strong choice in the world of electric razors, and their products can attest to that. The Gyroflex 3D Contour feature allows for complete control of all angles whether pivoting or tilting inward for a close and comfortable shave. The UltraTrack feature is as close as you get to Braun’s SyncroSonic feature as it is meant to catch every hair including flat lying ones and hairs growing in the opposite direction than the natural contours of your face.
All Norelco products have a two-year warranty.
- Electric razor is the 4-blade, dual-motor shaving system with precision-honed 30° angle Nanotech blades for maximum durability and sharpness
- Powerful Hyper Performance Dual Motor which features a linear drive that delivers 14,000 cuts her minute - that's 56,000 cross-cutting actions per minute across 4 blades - while a second motor vibrates the Arc 4 shaver head up and down to help lift and hold hair for a clean, smooth, efficient shave
- The Panasonic Arc 4 Multi-Flex pivoting head enables the men's electric shaver to glide smoothly along the individual contours of the face, chin, neck and jaw and Multi-fit ARC foils gently conform to facial contours, for enhanced shaving comfort
- The Panasonic shaver's built-in Pop-Up Trimmer details sideburns and mustaches; wet/dry electric razor operation makes shaving in or out of the shower quick and convenient
- Shaves per Charge (3 minutes per one shave) approximately 14 Shaves
The reliable, top-rated Panasonic Arc4 wet/dry electric shaver for men is packed with smart, innovative features that deliver a remarkably close and comfortable shave. It features an ultra-sharp four-blade shaving machine system with 30-degree nanotech blades that capture, lift, and hold whiskers to cut more cleanly at their base.
Other Panasonic Arc4 features include a built-in pop-up trimmer, 10 Stage LCD for electronic shaver, rechargeable battery, and a convenient travel pouch for shaving and grooming away from home. Both machine blades and foils are hypoallergenic and designed to shave gently on even the most sensitive skin. The head is gently curved to let the shaving machine glide evenly along the chin and along the jawline for maximum men's grooming comfort. With the Arc 4 foil shaver, you can also move the shaver head in a circular motion—ideal for those accustomed to a rotary shaver.
A smoother, cleaner electric shave is also faster with Panasonic's quiet, high-performance linear motor, designed to shave at speeds of 13,000 cycles per minute (cpm), and ensure peak electric razor performance throughout the cordless battery life. Compared with 10,000 cpm shavers, the Panasonic Arc4 operates nearly 1.5 times faster, with twice the cutting force.
Ease of Use:
Simple and to the point this electric razor is a no gimmick workhorse
The Panasonic Arc4 is the more economical choice here and is a straight shooter with 4 ultra-sharp nano blades that cut smoothly and efficiently. The Multi-fit Arc 4 Foil conforms gently to the face to create maximum comfort while providing a close shave. This feature is a nice touch but is also a far cry from the abilities of Braun’s AutoSense feature that can read the coarseness of your beard. Waterproof and equipped with a pop-up trimmer, the Panasonic Arc 4 is an excellent electric razor for the man on the go looking for something portable and easier to use
Panasonic offers a two-year warranty on this product.
The Braun Series 9 a tough and old-fashioned look and providing innovative tech sure to get people talking and shaving more.