You have decided to take the leap from manual razors to an electric one. Good for you! Now, how do you know which one to choose? Well, there is a slew of capable ones on the market. First, you have to consider what you want the electric razor to do. How do you want it to perform? What kind of hair and skin do you have? How often will you shave and how quickly will you need the shaver to recharge? How long will your electric shaver survive and does it have a warranty? These are all valid concerns. A great place to start is with the Braun Series 7 790cc men's electric foil shaver.
What to Look for in an Electric Razor
If you are going to invest in a high quality electric razor like one from the Braun Series 7, one of the other Braun Series, or a Remington or Wah LifeProof, there are several crucial aspects to consider. You will want to research the closeness factor. What kind of high-tech features does the shaver offer? Speed and efficiency are top considerations. Will the razor hold a charge for longer than half an hour? Durability and quality are of the extreme importance to justify a higher priced electric razor.
Braun Series 7 790cc Men's Electric Foil Shaver/Electric Razor
Considered one of the most efficient electric shavers on the market, the Braun Series 7 799cc electric razor is one that is difficult to beat in performance. With a powerful cutting system and pulsonic technology, this Braun Series 7 shaver will easily cut all hair types. You can feel confident in creating the perfect look with the option of choosing from three different shaving modes. Another feature is the ActiveLift trimmer which makes it easier to shave the chin and neck areas.
One of the most surprising elements of the Braun Series 7 790cc is how quiet it is. It is so quiet, you may double check if it is on. This razor has an impressive AutoSensing motor that provides a clean and efficient shave even on thick beards. It has five shaving modes to adjust the power from gentle to turbo with a simple button push. It boasts a pulsonic technology with 10,000 micro-vibrations, allowing an overwhelmingly thorough shave. Its ActiveLift feature captures flat lying hairs with no problem even in usually tough areas. This shaver is also waterproof for added endurance and protection. There is also an LED display showing charging status of the razor.
As with most items you choose to invest in, the better electric shavers will cost more. The trick is finding the one that's worth the extra expense.
How It Compares
We picked a few similar products to the Braun Series 7 shavers available on the market to see how they compare.
Braun Series 7 790cc Men's Electric Foil Shaver/Electric Razor
- Intelligent Sonic technology automatically increases power while shaving in difficult areas and on denser hair
- The Series 7 electric razor comes with an ActiveLift trimmer that captures flat-lying hairs in problem areas
- OptiFoil cuts hair as short as 0.05mm for perfect closeness
- Synergized foil and blades give you a perfect shave with Series 7 razors
- 100% waterproof shavers for easy cleaning. ActiveLift trimmer captures flat-lying hairs in problem areas
Ease of Use:
With the multi-directional and smart technology, this is a comfortable and easy-to-use electric shaver.
Completes a very close shave quickly and efficiently.
Easy to hold and provides adequate, of not stellar comfort.
Quick and efficient: this model gets the job done and doesn't waste time.
Strong battery, durable shaver, and quality heads mean you won't be replacing parts any time soon.
This Braun Series 7 shaver has a two year limited warranty that does not cover accidental damage.
Remington PF7600 F8 Comfort Series Wet & Dry Foil Shaver
- WETech : The waterproof design provides the convenience of dry shaving over the sink or using shaving gel in the shower
- Lithium Battery : The advanced chemistry of lithium power delivers 60 minutes of runtime after a 90 minute charge or enough power for one shaving session after a 5 minute quick charge
- Intercept Shaving Technology : This advanced feature sits between the foils to pre trim longer hairs for a close, comfortable shave
- Pivot & Flex : Allows the shaver head to adjust and maintain close contact around the chin, jawline, and neck
- QuietDrive Advanced Motor : Engineered to vibrate less and reduce noise compared to a previous Remington model
The Reminthon PF7600 F8 Comfort Series Wet and Dry Foil Shaver is a terrific option at a great value. This shaver series boasts the WETech waterproof design for the convenience of shaving with the dry method over your sink or the shower with shaving gel. It has an Intercept shaving technology, which is a special feature that sits between the foils and cuts the longer hairs in advance for a super close and comfortable shave. The Remington's QuietDrive Advanced Motor technology provides a much quieter shave than its predecessors. It also has a pivot and flex feature, which allows the shaver to grasp close contact around the sensitive areas such as the chin, neck and jawline.
This Remington foil shaver runs on a rechargeable lithium battery which delivers a whole hour of full charge for longer lasting efficiency. There is also a five minute quick charge feature that provides power for one complete shave if you are caught in a bind. This is one of the best values on the market for an electric Wet and Dry Foil Shaver, but you will not be getting the extra fancy features with this electric razor.
Ease of Use:
The shaver has a nonslip grip which makes it easy and comfortable to use.
Has a close enough shave, though not as close as some on the first try.
Provides a smooth, comfortable shave.
Does a great job for the price.
Durable and satisfying design quality.
Wahl LifeProof 7061-100
- Power & convenience - This travel-friendly rechargeable wet/dry electric shaver is shower & waterproof up to one meter. It features flexible foil cutters & a Pivot head for a comfortable shave, a no-slip grip & Travel lock, & LED charging light
- Lithium Ion power - Featuring a lithium ion battery that boasts a 90-minute run time for a charge time of 1 hour, plus a 5-Minute quick charge option for when you need a shave fast. The battery and can go up to one year between charges with no 'memory' issues
- Advanced foil technology - flexible foils move with you, providing a more comfortable shave, our advanced foil pattern provides smooth shaves & Features a long hair cutter bar as well as a full-size pop-up precision Trimmer detailer
- A smooth shave every time - Wahl clippers, trimmers, & shavers are available in a variety of styles to meet your home hair cutting needs. From lithium ion cordless & rechargeable clippers to heavy-duty corded models
- The brand used by professionals - Wahl clippers & trimmers have been used by professionals in the salon & barber industry since 1919. With self-sharpening precision blades & quality construction, Wahl clippers, shavers & trimmers deliver a smooth shave
The Wahl LifeProof 7061-100 is a foil shaver that is one of the highest rated for performance vs value. It runs on a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and has a ninety minute charge time, which is one of the longest of all the electric razors on the market. This electric shaver provides a comfortable, close shave with its precision blades.
It can be used for both shaving and trimming and offers both wet and dry shave options. The shaver is high impact and shock resistant. One of the favorite features is the pop up precision ground trimmer. The Wahl LifeProof 7061-100 comes with a charger, storage travel pouch and a styling guide. Wahl has been producing professional razors since 1919.
Ease of Use:
Simple to use and has a styling guide to help as well.
Provides close shave and trims.
Highly comfortable shave on the skin.
High ranked overall performance.
Simple and durable design that is long lasting and strong. Waterproof for up to thirty minutes in up to three feet
Braun Series 9290cc
- Braun Series 9 is the worlds most efficient shaver*, T exceptionally gentle to your skin. Tested on 3-day beards vs. Leading premium tier products. Details on Braun.Com/study-results
- 5 synchronized shaving elements to capture more hair in the first stroke than any other premium shaver* tested on 3-day beards vs. Leading premium tier products. Details on Braun.Com/study-results
- 2 specialized trimmers, including titanium coating, capture even the trickiest hair ; 2x Opti-Foil For perfect closeness that lasts longer
- The innovative syncrosonictm technology with 10, 000 microvibrations capture more hair in every stroke
- Our intelligent autosensing motor guarantees efficiency in every stroke, even on dense beards. The type of blade is titanium and battery charge time is 1 hour.
The Braun Series 9290cc is a few steps up from the Braun Series 7 razors. Some claim the Braun Series 9 is the most efficient electric razer in the world. This razor series has five synchronized shaving elements which allow more hair to be captured in the first stroke. It features two specialized trimmers. It has a titanium coating for a strong shave through even the toughest and thickest hairs. The Braun Series 9 boasts an innovative technology called SyncroSonicTM that has 10,000 micro-vibrations. It also has an AutoSensing motor which boosts the most efficient stroke by stroke shave on the densest of beards.
Ease of Use:
Simple and efficient to use, but with great results.
Super close shave without any difficulty.
Has a perfect combination of skin comfort and efficiency.
Considered one of the best on the market.
Beautiful electric razor with durable quality.
Two-year limited warranty, but the foil and cutter block are excluded.
How Do They All Rank?
The Wahl LifeProof shaver ranks the highest for performance and value. It also is 100% waterproof and has the longest battery life. However, it does not have a cleaning station or corded option. The Remington F8 WETech is also a great value and is 100% waterproof. It does not have a corded option and takes a long time to recharge the battery.
The Braun Series 9 electric shaver is a step up from the Braun Series 7 version and offers wet and dry shave options and a self cleaning system with an active drying system. It also offers super smart AutoSense technology, contoured flex heads that can move in ten different directions and a built-in precision trimmer. However, this is a more expensive shaving option and the upgrade may not be quite worth the cost.
Braun Series 7 790cc: Top Performance
As far as precision, quality, comfort and closest shave, the Braun Series 7 holds the highest overall ranking for performance. This electric shaver is one of the most efficient razor systems due to its powerful cutting system. The pulsonic technology provides precise and thorough trims and cuts on all types of hair with the utmost contouring quality.
This is a great choice for men with sensitive skin and has five different shaving modes. The ActiveLift feature catches flat-lying hairs and helps with the difficult areas of the neck, chin and jaw area. The LED display lets you know when it is time to recharge your top of the line shaving system and the lithium-ion battery recharges quickly and efficiently. With four synchronized shaving elements, this razor provides the utmost ease of use and skin comfort.
The Braun Series 7 790cc provides the best quality at a premium price. As the highest performance ranking electric foil shaver/razor, it is the best option in its price range. You can feel confident in your choice with the Braun Series 7 790cc. However, if you're on a budget and need something a little cheaper, Wahl has been around a long time, and they know what they're doing. You can expect a decent shave for a decent price with this product.