Whether you like shaving yourself or prefer going to a barbershop for a nice beard cut, it is important that you are only shaved with the best electric shaver available. We will tell you why a good shaver is good for you, among other reasons why you should start being choosy with your shavers.
As a starter, there are different types of electric shavers on the market, and not every shaver is designed to suit your hair and skin type. Read this article for more information on which electric shaver might best suit your needs.
After extensive research, we came up with the 5 best electric shavers you should definitely try. Although all shavers get the work done, there are different features that make certain electric shavers more valuable based on your hair or skin.
If you are planning to buy an electric shaver, you should read this article first to get an unbiased opinion of the best electric shavers on the market.
What We Reviewed
5 Best Electric Shavers: Comparison Table
Review of the 5 Best Electric Shavers
Panasonic Arc 5
- Sharp Men's Shaver Blades: Panasonic Arc5 men's electric shaver with five ultra sharp precision honed 30° Nanotech blades and ultra thin Arc foil follow facial contours for a quick, close and comfortable shave
- Wet/Dry Electric Shaver and Trimmer 2 in 1: Built in pop up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet/dry waterproof shaver allows for convenient shaving in or out of the shower
- Multi Flex Pivoting Head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual contours of face, chin, neck and jaw; Built in shaving sensor monitors differences in beard density and automatically adjusts cutting power for exceptional comfort
- High performance Motor with a Linear Drive: This Panasonic shaver is equipped with a linear motor which delivers 14,000 cuts per minute (70,000 crosscutting actions per minute) and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge
- LCD Battery Indicator: The shaver's 10 stage LCD shows battery status at a glance; Rechargeable, portable and travel friendly
If you want a shaver that is worth every penny you put into buying it, then Panasonic Arc 5 should definitely be at the top of the list. This is the best electric shaver on the market, and its only competitor is Braun.
It comes with an unmatched performance with great quality and a linear drive motor, which is the fastest on the market. It also has five individual cutting elements and very sharp blades.
While the Arc 5 comes in different generations, three to be precise, all of them are still available for purchasing. If getting a close shave is your top priority, then this shaver will not disappoint with its foils, which are extremely thin and are machined with precision and are high quality. The shaver has very sharp blades that are 30 degrees beveled and used to get the best cutting.
A CPM unit powers the motor making it extremely fast if used when the hair is wet or dry, and it also gives you the option of using a shaving cream if you prefer. This is the best electric shaver if you only shave occasionally.
If you want to trim a mustache or sideburns, you should engage the pop-up precision shaving trimmer for a quick and easy trim down of long stubble.
Planning to go on a trip? The Panasonic Arc 5 is travel-friendly and easy to pack.
Braun Series 9
- World's best electric shaver in efficiency and skin comfort. Proven on 3-day beards
- SyncroSonic technology with 40,000 cross cutting movements per minute, removing more hair in the first stroke than any other shaver
- Four individual and specialised cutting elements that capture different types of hair. Flexible shaving system for maximum gentle skin contact
- 100% waterproof wet/dry razor for use under the shower
- 5-action alcohol based Clean&Charge Station: 1 touch to hygienically clean, charge, lubricate, select cleaning intensity and dry.
If you are a fan of letting your stubble grow for a while before shaving, then this is the best electric shaver for you. In addition to adding comfort while you shave, this shaver is gentle on your face and rarely inflicts razor burn. You can comfortably use this shaver for prolonged periods of time without worrying about it getting hot.
It comes with four cutting elements, two of which are cutters and the other two are outer finishing foils. These features make it easy to handle hair that tends to grow in different directions and provides the option of tackling them longer.
When it comes to closeness, it certainly does not disappoint, and the shaver comes with a cleaning station to prevent hair and dirt from accumulating in the shaving head.
Two titanium coated specialized trimmers ensure that every hair is captured in every stroke while the 10,000 micro-vibrations with adaptive motor makes sure that every dense beard is cleared away easily.
It is one of the best electric shavers as it works best whether the hair is wet or dry.
In the likely event that you are traveling, this electric shaver comes in handy as it is travel-friendly, lightweight, and easy to pack with your other toiletries.
Philips Norelco 6100
- To help simplify your shopping experience, we recently updated this product's packaging and name: The SensoTouch 2D 1150X/46 is now called Shaver 6100. During the transition, you may receive the product in either old or new packaging
- Gyroflex 2D contour-following system adjusts seamlessly to every curve of the face, minimizing pressure and irritation
- DualPrecision heads are equipped with slots to shave longer hairs and holes to shave even the shortest stubble
- For best results, replace shaving head every 12 months with RQ11/52 replacement head
- A great gift, the shaver's Aquatec Technology allows you to shave wet with gel or foam for extra skin protection or dry for convenience
This particular shaver was designed to handle face contours by utilizing GyroFlex 2D contouring technology, which is two-dimensional and is able to tilt forward when desired or pivot in a circular motion. It adjusts easily to curves and minimizes both irritation and pressure, giving you a close shave that is comfortable on your skin.
The shaving head has slots to shave normal hairs and holes that ensure even the shortest stubble is reached.
The shaver comes with a Patented Lift and Cut dual blade system that cuts below the skin level comfortably while the SkinGlide surface, which is low-friction, slides along your skin smoothly for a close shave without the common irritation.
If you have sideburns or a mustache, the precision trimmer is great for maintaining them. This is the best electric shaver because it lets you shave the way you want while the AquaTec seal gives you an option to either dry shave or wet shave with gel or cream. The non-slip grip makes it easier no matter which design you use.
It comes with a cordless convenience and takes a maximum of an hour to charge. In addition, the shaver comes with a charging stand, power cord, and cleaning brush.
- The Philips Norelco OneBlade is a revolutionary electric grooming tool with technology designed for men who wear stubble, beards, or facial hair styles; One Blade trims, edges, and shaves any length of hair
- The unique OneBlade shaving technology integrates a fast moving cutter (200x per second) with a dual protection system to give you both an efficient and comfortable shave, even on longer hairs
- Shave any length: not as close as a traditional blade so your skin stays comfortable; Trim it down: 3 click on combs for a fast and even trim; Edge it up: dual sided blade for precise edging to line up your style
- Use it how you'd like: dry or wet, with or without foam, even in the shower
- The rechargeable battery delivers the power of corded operation without the hassle of a cord; 45 minutes of continuous use with each charge
Most people mistake this to be a shaver but do not understand it is OneBlade. It happens to be the best electric shaver of its kind with its unique OneBlade technology that gives you a very comfortable shave in 3 very easy steps. This new grooming electric technology is designed for men that wear facial hair styles, stubble, and beads.
It is extremely reliable to trim edges and any length of hair. The unique technology integrates a fast cutter which moves with a dual protection system that gives you an efficient, yet comfortable, shave even on long hairs.
It does not shave too close to the skin to ensure your comfort, and the blade can last up to 4 months.
The machine includes 3 stubble combs that can be used to trim your beard to a desirable length, and you can give your style a perfect edge with the dual-sided blade.
Furthermore, the shaver can shave in either direction to give you great visibility and remains extremely comfortable even in sensitive areas of the skin. You can line up your style very fast and easily.
This Phillips OneBlade follows your face contour easily and is water resistant. It gives you the option of dry shaving or wet shaving. It takes 8 hours to charge, and the blades are designed to last. When traveling, it comes in handy as it is travel-friendly and can be tucked away easily with your other belongings.
Wahl Shaver Shaper
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professional's commercial grade line of products, the 5-Star Shaver/Shaper is intended for professional use only and is engineered to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand.
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: This powerful shaver offers an appealing aesthetic in addition to top-notch precision. It comes with a rechargeable battery that can keep the rotary motor running at full speed for up to 60 minutes per charge. With hypoallergenic gold foil, even the most sensitive skin will be free of razor bumps, ingrown hairs, or skin irritation.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: For your convenience, the 5-Star Series Shaper/Shaver comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the shaver, foil guard, charging plug, cleaning brush, and operating instructions.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: The 5-Star Series Rechargeable Shaver/Shaper (#8061-100) measures 4.6" long and weighs 5.8 oz. This shaver features a #7031-100 foil/cutter bar, rechargeable rotary motor (rechargeable NI-CAD battery included), and operates at 120 volts/60 hertz.
- PLEASE NOTE: Wahl Professional Products purchased from this authorized dealer feature a manufacturer's warranty, which is not available from unauthorized dealers. For sale and use in the U.S.A. only.
This shaver offers an appealing aesthetic which comes with additional top-notch precision. The electric charger comes with a rechargeable battery that is used to keep the rotary motor running for 60 minutes at full speed.
It comes with a 5 series shaper that has accessories that are required for use while shaving and can be used on the face, neckline, and the head.
This shaver is intended for professional use, mostly, and delivers the sharp performance that most experts demand.
It can be used to style your hair in any desired hairstyle and with the hypoallergenic gold foil, people with sensitive skin will be at ease.
In addition, the shaver is free from the constant ingrown hairs, skin irritation, and razor bumps.
It comes fully loaded with the shaver, foil guard, operating instructions, cleaning brush, and a charging plug. If you have coarse hair and find the other electric shavers not giving you the best results, you should try this shaver as it has a reputation to not disappoint.
What Is an Electric Shaver?
This is a razor used for shaving with rotating or oscillating blades.
what do electric shavers do?
These shavers trim or shave your hair to your required length and do not require you to use soap, water, or any shaving cream.
how does an electric shaver work?
A small DC motor is powered by either means of electricity or batteries which then power the electric shaver for you to use.
where can you buy them?
The best electric shavers can be bought at a cosmetic store near you or you can order one from Amazon.
which electric shaver should you buy?
When buying an electric shaver, always consider the one that you can handle easily and still get the work done.
How We Reviewed
The products we reviewed are based on the following parameters: Features, Pros & Cons, Where to Buy, and Warranty.
Overall Price Range of This Product
The price of the best electric shavers can be cheap or expensive, depending on the features and functionality of the shaver.
The most expensive electric shavers come with additional advanced features such as Precision Trimmers, cleaning brush, a premium travel case, and SkinComfort rings that surround the shaving head.
The Verdict: The Best Electric Shaver
Due to different hair types and desired lengths, you will find that people tend to go for the best electric shaver that best suits them and their individual styles.
For people who have sensitive skin, they should try the Wahl Shaver Shaper because it comes with hypoallergenic gold foil.
If you love your hair bald, then you should definitely give the Philips Norelco 6100 a try for the best results.
For those who do not want a clean shave, but only want to trim their hair, they should give the Philips OneBlade a try for great comfort, style, and results.
Many people prefer the Braun series 9 to the rest because of its four cutting elements, two of which are cutters and the other two which are outer finishing foils. This shaver is also easy to handle and use.
We, however, recommend the Panasonic Arc 5 or the Braun series 9 if you want the safest, closest, and most comfortable shave for yourself. For professional use, we recommend the Wahl Shaver Shaper because when handled with professionals, it produces tremendous results.
If you want a more affordable electric shaver with the same results as the Panasonic Arc 5 or the Braun series 9, try the Philips OneBlade.
As you can see, each of the shavers reviewed gives you something unique. As such, you should go for one that perfectly fits your needs and budget.